Daria Tuminas, Ivan and the Moon, (Documentary category) and Luis Lazo, All that you leave, (Conceptual category) have won first place in the Viewbook Photostory 2010 competition, follow the links to see their respective photo stories online, while National Media Museum Bursary winner Moira Lovell’s, We Still Stand, has just opened in Birmingham and runs until 9 January.
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am the editor of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East; deputy editor of Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin.
- Hotshoe Blog morphs into The Roaming Eye but it's business as usual where photography is concerned wp.me/pxf4V-32c 3 days ago
- RT @jjg0: Garry Winogrand's classic and unseen photographs – gallery: Garry Winogrand is seen by many as t... bit.ly/19M7fxB via @G… 5 days ago
- RT @LookPhotoFest: Don't miss our exciting range of artist and curator talks tomorrow at venues across the city lookphotofestival.com/events/ #LOO… 5 days ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography Fashion Photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography & Censorship Photography & Philosophy Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Podcasts Portfolio reviews Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Hotshoe Blog morphs into The Roaming Eye but it’s business as usual where photography is concerned
- Photo Stroll – Jane Hilton’s Precious launched as a book and on show at Eleven Gallery London
- Photo Stroll – Liane Lang’s Fallen on show at Art First Projects London
- Outside Focus – Voices of the People: Ansel Adams’ landscapes on show at National Maritime Museum London
- Photo Fun – Intimate Portraits Near and Far Over a Century
mirandagavin on Hotshoe Blog morphs into The R… Catherine on Hotshoe Blog morphs into The R… Photo Stroll –… on Photo exhibition news –… Aleleeinn on Outside Focus – Voices of the… mirandagavin on Outside Focus – Voices of the…