Daria Tuminas, Ivan and the Moon, (Documentary category) and Luis Lazo, All that you leave, (Conceptual category) have won first place in the Viewbook Photostory 2010 competition, follow the links to see their respective photo stories online, while National Media Museum Bursary winner Moira Lovell’s, We Still Stand, has just opened in Birmingham and runs until 9 January.
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am the editor of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East; editor-at-large of Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin. All views are my own.
- RT @MirandaGavin: @ReadThatImage at the PHOTO BOOK PUBLISHERS FAIR w/ some of examples of publications @PhotoFringe @PhoenixBrighton http:/… 2 hours ago
- RT @MirandaGavin: DEWI LEWIS PUBLISHING @PhotoFringe Mother and Father by Paddy Summerfield beautifully observed photo book @DewiLewis http… 1 day ago
- RT @MirandaGavin: CAFE ROYAL @PhotoFringe Publishers Book Fair Craig Atkinson Fab B&W Beautifully presented, pocket-sized delights http://t… 1 day ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography Fashion Photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Mobile Photography Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Photo Stroll Photo Talks Podcasts Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Photo Show – The Age of Anti-Ageing by Stewart Home and Chris Dorley-Brown at The Function Room London
- Photo Competition – Final call for aspiring music photographers in Hear To Be Heard 2014
- Moroccan stylist and photographer Hassan Hajjaj goes pop in The Future of Fashion Show Holland
- GALLERY OF THE EVERYDAY: Author Richard Makin responds to ‘the temps’ street interventions
- Award-winning photographer Stuart Griffiths brings solo show CLOSER home after tour of duty
Photowalk with Ukrai… on Photo Show – City of Hom… Photo Competition… on Music and portrait photographe… Review of Exhibition… on Photo Stroll – Jessica M… aletheiacasey on Photo Stroll – Jessica M… christophRM on Unvent Stumbled Upon Photos…