iPhone shots from the screening of Dean Chalkley’s latest short film The New Faces at the book club in east London last week. Check out the electric light bulb ceiling. Love it. The 20-minute film played to a packed house and was followed by some rare groove and northern soul moves on the dance floor courtesy of the audience. See previous post for more information and a link to the video online.
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am the editor of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East; editor-at-large of Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin.
- RT @FrameAndRef: FOLKESTONE TRIENNIAL Biggs is "a great believer in temporary gesture that has permanent results" @FstoneTriennial http://t… 1 day ago
- RT @FrameAndRef: FOLKESTONE TRIENNIAL Permanent public art? Biggs: (cont) ...it will depend on negotiations. @FstoneTriennial http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @FrameAndRef: FOLKESTONE TRIENNIAL F&R asks if any will become permanent public art? Biggs "hopes a third will remain"...(cont) @Fstone… 1 day ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Mobile Photography Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography & Censorship Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Photo Stroll Photo Talks Podcasts Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Photo Talk ‘Selfies’ – Kerrie Braithwaite reports from The Curated Ego panel talk at the National Portrait Gallery
- Photo Show: Catch The Unseen Seen – Film in a New Light by Reiner Riedler in Berlin
- Photo Call: L A Noble Gallery launches London Life Photo Competition and last weeks to see Japan Suite by Chris Steele-Perkins
- Open call for photobooks to be displayed as part of the exhibition On Landscape #1 in London in March
- Unvent Stumbled Upon Photos – Is it over yet?
Review of Exhibition… on Photo Stroll – Jessica M… aletheiacasey on Photo Stroll – Jessica M… christophRM on Unvent Stumbled Upon Photos… Home Truths: Photogr… on Rencontres d’Arles 2009… mirandagavin on Photo Show – First major…