Daria Tuminas, Ivan and the Moon, (Documentary category) and Luis Lazo, All that you leave, (Conceptual category) have won first place in the Viewbook Photostory 2010 competition, follow the links to see their respective photo stories online, while National Media Museum Bursary winner Moira Lovell’s, We Still Stand, has just opened in Birmingham and runs until 9 January.
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am the editor of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East; editor-at-large of Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin. All views are my own.
- COSMIC BUTTERFLY IN SPACE Hubble telescope video of beauty #Hubble #space #cosmic #nebula msn.com/en-us/news/tec… 2 hours ago
- INTO THE WOODS by Ellie Davies with introduction and texts by @MirandaGavin & @elliedavies1 JUNE BOOK OF THE MONTH. bobbooks.co.uk/bookshop/woods… 21 hours ago
- RT @LucyBellGAL: Goodbye Audrey Hepburn. ON PAPER EXHIBTION CURATED BY @disastronaut opens 29 August. At lucy-bell.com @1066Tweets… 4 days ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography Fashion Photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Mobile Photography Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Photo Stroll Photo Talks Podcasts Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Photo Show: theprintspace Photovoice Awards London winner announced tomorrow
- Photo Show: theprintspace PhotoVoice Awards shortlisted series on show in London
- Photo News – Magnum summer documentary photo course in London
- Photo Show: Drawn by Light from The Royal Photographic Society Collection to open at the National Media Museum Bradford
- Photo Books – Open call for books for On Landscape #2 London
MB on Photo Competition – Fina… Photowalk with Ukrai… on Photo Show – City of Hom… Photo Competition… on Music and portrait photographe… Review of Exhibition… on Photo Stroll – Jessica M… aletheiacasey on Photo Stroll – Jessica M…