iPhone shots from the screening of Dean Chalkley’s latest short film The New Faces at the book club in east London last week. Check out the electric light bulb ceiling. Love it. The 20-minute film played to a packed house and was followed by some rare groove and northern soul moves on the dance floor courtesy of the audience. See previous post for more information and a link to the video online.
If you have any suggestions for content, or want to know more or are having problems with the blog, feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am a co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process; a contributor to Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and was the editorial content manager and project developer of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East from 2013-14. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin. All views are my own.
- RT @CreativeReview: Check out all the winners of the @Design_Week awards, announced last night, here bit.ly/1LB9SEm 4 days ago
- RT @MirandaGavin: *FIRST PHOTOFUSION MEMBERS' PROJECT REVIEW ONLINE NOW* Thanks for sharing your work @amandajobson @photofusionUK https://… 4 days ago
- Female World War II reporters – No Job For a Woman historical documentary theroamingeye.wordpress.com/2015/11/20/fem… https://t.co/SjKrDxrSx1 1 week ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography Fashion Photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Mobile Photography Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Photo Stroll Photo Talks Podcasts Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Female World War II reporters – No Job For a Woman historical documentary
- Photo Show Stroll – Lee Miller: A Woman’s War IWM London
- Photo Stroll – Julian Germain The Future is Ours: Classroom Portraits 2004-2015 Towner Eastbourne
- Photofusion contributor Say Hello to Me on the website
- Interview Antony Penrose and Hilary Roberts Lee Miller: A Woman’s War on show at IWM London
Photo Show Stroll… on Interview Antony Penrose and H… mirandagavin on Interview Antony Penrose and H… Wendy Aldiss on Interview Antony Penrose and H… mirandagavin on Interview Antony Penrose and H… krystina stimakovits on Interview Antony Penrose and H…