iPhone shots from the screening of Dean Chalkley’s latest short film The New Faces at the book club in east London last week. Check out the electric light bulb ceiling. Love it. The 20-minute film played to a packed house and was followed by some rare groove and northern soul moves on the dance floor courtesy of the audience. See previous post for more information and a link to the video online.
If you have any suggestions for content, or want to know more or are having problems with the blog, feel free to contact me: email@example.com
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am a co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process; a contributor to Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and was the editorial content manager and project developer of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East from 2013-14. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin. All views are my own.
- @PhotoFringe TOP PICK Photo Show – Cream 15: a showcase of Graduate Photography Talent Uni of Brighton until 30 Oct theroamingeye.wordpress.com/2015/10/09/pho… 4 hours ago
- RT @MirandaGavin: JOIN ME TOMORROW Tues 13 Oct 7pm @photofusionUK. I'll be sharing advice & discussing PHOTO COMPS #photo #competition http… 22 hours ago
- RT @DocuScotland: Our @NatGalleriesSco exhibition #NGSTiesThatBind reviewed positively in @Photomonitor photomonitor.co.uk/2015/10/the-ti… http://t.co/… 1 day ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography Fashion Photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Mobile Photography Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Photo Stroll Photo Talks Podcasts Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Photo Show – Cream 15: a showcase of Graduate Photography Talent University of Brighton
- Interactive storytelling: Journey inside the homes of women living in a Delhi resettlement slum
- Empowering Yazidi women through photography UNICEF-supported workshop in Iraq
- The second year of START Art Fair at Saatchi Gallery London gets the thumbs up
- Photo Stroll: Two Top Picks teamLab and Liane Lang at START Art Fair Saatchi Gallery London
Contemporary Photogr… on German photographer Jens Uwe P… Photo Books – Open c… on Photo Books – Open call… rosy46m on Photo Talk ‘Selfies… rosy46m on Photo Talk ‘Selfies… Keith Greenough on Photo Competition: Visual arti…