iPhone shots from the screening of Dean Chalkley’s latest short film The New Faces at the book club in east London last week. Check out the electric light bulb ceiling. Love it. The 20-minute film played to a packed house and was followed by some rare groove and northern soul moves on the dance floor courtesy of the audience. See previous post for more information and a link to the video online.
About the Roaming Eye blog
WELCOME to The Roaming Eye (formerly Hotshoe Blog).
Expect an eclectic dip into the world of contemporary photography and lens-based media from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Catch up on news, announcements, exhibitions, interviews and multimedia.
Check out the unique mobile photography Photo Stroll experience covering the latest shows and events.
I am the editor of Frame and Reference, an online visual arts magazine for the South East; editor-at-large of Hotshoe, a bimonthly contemporary photography magazine; and co-founder of Tri-pod, a creative initiative supporting lens-based artists with personal projects in process. The Roaming Eye is curated by Miranda Gavin. All views are my own.
- RT @OnLandscapeProj: Hello Rome! So excited to be here! @Materia_Gallery http://t.co/f05qSTFrLD 1 week ago
- RT @TilleyEsquire: I shall be giving a little talk at @WDYTYALIVE #India #history #family #AngloIndians #photography 1 week ago
- RT @MirandaGavin: SUNSET SHADOWS: Amazing big skies and sunset last night #Galle #fort #SriLanka #solotravel #sunset http://t.co/KtoPxtMpHX 2 weeks ago
- Art Fairs & Biennales Art Galleries Artist Talks Art shows Documentary photography Fashion Photography HotShoe Gallery HotShoe magazine Mobile Photography Photo & Press Agencies Photographers Photographers blogs Photography Auction Photography Awards & Competitions Photography Books Photography Conferences & Symposiums Photography Festivals Photography Products Photography Promotion Photography Shows Photography Workshops Photo Stroll Photo Talks Podcasts Portraiture short films street photography Uncategorized Visual Artists Women Photographers
- Photo Show: Drawn by Light from The Royal Photographic Society Collection to open at the National Media Museum Bradford
- Photo Books – Open call for books for On Landscape #2 London
- Photo News – Library of Birmingham Photography Archive threatened with closure and staff cuts
- Photo Competition: Visual artist Lucia Pizzani and filmmaker David Jackson win Hotshoe Photofusion Award 2014
- Help Kickstart Pierfranceso Celada’s book Hitoride, or By Yourself, Alone
MB on Photo Competition – Fina… Photowalk with Ukrai… on Photo Show – City of Hom… Photo Competition… on Music and portrait photographe… Review of Exhibition… on Photo Stroll – Jessica M… aletheiacasey on Photo Stroll – Jessica M…